Events for Lao New Year - Pimai Lao
(LUANG PRABANG PROGRAM YEAR OF 2019 FROM 12 - 20 APRIL)
+ Web. 11st – Thu. 12nd April 2019
- 19:30; Beauty contest for Nang Sangkham (Miss Lao New Year).
Thad Luang Ground, view location from Laos Group Tour on google map
+ Fri. 13rd April 2019
- 09:00; Elephant procession named “Chang Hieng Koei” start from Wat Mai to Wat Xiengthong
- 10:00; Opening Luang Prabang Handicraft market and Luang Prabang Food festival.
Handicraft market and Luang Prabang Food festival
+Sat. 14th April 2019
- 06:00; Market fair “Lolat” will be set up on the main street between the old quarters and National museum
(the Royal Palace).
The fair includes a traditional textiles show, local and bordering country’s products.
- 09:00; the ceremony of watering the Buddha images for blessing at every temple in Luang Prabang
the ceremony of watering the Buddha images in Wat Mai
- 13:00; Gathering on the Mekong River bank to make sand stupas “Toppathasy” to bring a good luch. Baci ceremony at the sand stupas, traditional cultural performance, local sport mart and sightseeing at “Hatsay moungkhoun” (Mekong river bank, Xiengman village, Chomphet district)
Young boy lighting incense on a sand stupa built on the bank of the Mekong River to celebrated New Year's Luang
- 19:00; the ceremony of watering the Buddha images for blessing at every temple in Luang Prabang
+ Sun. 15th April 2019
- 08:00; Textile Exhibition at Ban Phanom, a traditional of tailor Ethnic group and follow by Baci Ceremony for Leaders.
Opening the procession of Lao New Year at in front of the National Museum. The procession will be set up on the main street from Wat Thatnoy to Wat Xieng Thong.
- 19:00; the ceremony of watering the Buddha for blessing at every temple in Luang Prabang.
+ Mon. 16th April 2019
- 05:30; Morning alms Giving ceremony “Sai Bat” at in front of Wat Sene Soukharam and the Climbing of Phou Si mountain to pay respects.
- 14:00; the procession of Lao New Year from Wat Xiengthon back to Wat Thatnoy.
- 19:00; Naga and Lantern parades come down from Phou Si Mountain to the pond inside the National Museum. Also see traditional dancing (Pha Lak & Pha Lam dancing)
Naga and Lantern is light up in Wat Mai
+ Tue. 17th
- 09:00; Together with monks, provincial leaders, elderly people, International and local guests Bringing Buddha image “Phabang” out of Hor Prabang inside the National Museum to Wat Mai
- 13:00; Provincal Leaders, Miss Lao New Year and all guest will visit Pak Ou cave
for watering of the Buddha image.
+ Web. 18th
– Thu. 19th
08:00 – 23:00; watering of the Buddha image and see traditional dancing (Pha Lak & Pha Lam dancing) at Wat Mai.
+ Fri. 20th
09:00; Bringing of “Prabang” Buddha image back to the National Museum.
Best wishes for all the year 2019