Laos Visa On Arrival
Obtaining Laos visa on arrival is the most convenient, cheapest, and time saving way to get a Lao visa. Great for those who are tight on time, resources, energy and Lao embassies/consulates are too far to reach.
As a matter of fact, other type of visas such as business and official visas can be picked up on arrival as well, provided that you have arranged everything ahead of time and you have a letter of approval (or an entry visa number) from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Laos.The visa obtained on arrival is usually tourist visa, the holder of this visa can stay in Laos for up to 30 days, and are prohibited from getting employment in Laos.
Where to get Laos visa on arrival
- Wattay International Airport in Vientiane Capital;
- Luang Prabang International Airport in Luang Prabang Province;
- Pakse Internatioanl Airport in Champasack Province;
- Savannakhet International Airport in Savannakhet Province.
Thailand-Laos Border checkpoints
- Chiangkhong – Houixay, Chiang Rai to Bokeo Province;
- Nakaxeng – Kaenthao, Loei to Sayabouly Province;
- Houi Koln – Nam Ngeun, Nan to Sayabouly Province;
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I, Nongkhai-Vientiane Capital;
- Tha Naleng train station in Vientiane;
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II, Moukdahan-Savannakhet Province;
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge III, Nakorn Phanom-Khammouane Province;
- Chongmek – Vangtao, Ubol Ratchathani to Champasack Province;
- Dong Calor – Veun Kham, Cambodia to Champasack Province.
- Nameo – Banleui, Thanh Hoa to Huaphanh Province;
- Namkan – Namkan, Nge An to Xieng Khouang Province;
- Keoneua – Nampao (Lak Sao), Ha tinh to Bolikhamxay Province;
- Laobao – Dansavanh, Quang tri to Savannakhet Province;
Mohan – Botene , Yunnan to Luang Namtha Province. China-Laos
- Your original passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity and a blank page for a visa sticker.
- A Visa application form, filled out and signed by the applicant (available at visa window at Lao ports of entry or given before landing if you are arriving by plane).
- Two(2) recent passport-type photographs.
- Visa fee (in cash).
If you are unprepared like many of us (cannot provide the photo) there will be an extra fee (few dollars) for scanning your photograph from your passport, and placing it onto your visa application form.
Laos Visa On Arrival